Safety is priority
Safety and responsibility is my number one priority. Where possible, all real estate activity is being done remotely. If you are thinking of buying or selling, there is a lot we can plan and get done without any risk. Call me for a chat at any time and we can work out the next best steps.
Even with the current stay at home rules, there will be some of you that need to move within a particular timeframe. Below are new guidelines that were announced for Real Estate in Washington which allow us to carry on working, but with safety still in mind. Reach out to me if you need a realtor on the Eastside.
Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order
Update 5/1/2020 - There are no changes to Real Estate Activity following governor Inslee's announcement on 5/1/2020. Activities below are already permitted in "Stage 1". Stage 2 will allow Commercial real estate and maybe more flexibility on controlled open houses.
What are the required protocols for any permitted in-person activity?
The protocols that must be followed for permitted in-person activities include:
- In-person activities must be by appointment only;
- No more than two people, including the broker, may be at the property at any one time; and
- Those two persons must strictly follow social distancing guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) by remaining at least six feet apart at all times.
NWMLS’s Rules provide that a broker may not leave a third party unattended in a property. Accordingly, brokers must only bring one person at a time into the property.
What in-person real estate brokerage services are now permissible?
Provided the above protocols are followed for any permitted in-person activity, real estate brokers may:
- Conduct listing presentations, take photos, and create virtual tours for new listings;
- Facilitate the signing of contract documents;
- Preview and show listings by appointment only;
- Facilitate inspections, appraisals, buyer “walk-throughs,” and key delivery; and
Real estate brokers may not:
- Conduct any business outside of their home (with the exception of the above-noted activities); or
- Hold an open house.